Mold Restoration – Mildew Restoration
Mold in homes without mold restoration or repair, can cause contamination to rapidly grow and become concerns for homeowners, property managers, insurance providers and restoration companies. We have all probably encountered some form of mold at one time or another. It might have been in the shower, or on a stale piece of bread or cheese. There are many different species of mold, but all molds share some common characteristics.
- Most molds thrive in moist and humid environments.
- Molds require an organic food source. One common food source is cellulose, which is found in building materials such as wood and drywall.
- Molds are spread by microscopic airborne particles called “spores”.
Mold and mold spores are naturally present in the outdoor environment all around us. However, indoor mold growth can become a tenacious problem. Mold spreads rapidly and produces an unpleasant musty odor. If allowed to grow, unchecked mold can cause discoloration and structural damage to building materials. Indoor mold contamination has been identified as a major contributor to allergies and poor indoor air quality.
ServiceMaster of Sioux Falls and Luverne has completed mold removal and remediation training, and is a certified mold re mediator. We follow the guidelines developed by The Cleaning Trust for mold remediation. Our experienced staff works carefully and safely to re mediate the affected area. The job is complete only when the area tests in the normal range for mold. We engage the proper procedures for handling mold claims and are prepared to handle small or large areas affected by mold.
ServiceMaster of Sioux Falls and Luverne can provide a mold assessment and air quality testing (605) 338-9615.